ArmyVet418

Disabled veteran fired on veterans day

I am a disabled veteran and got out in 2008, my disability restricts me to retrieve information at times.

Keeping that in mind I was hired by a public firm who were extremely goal oriented, such as a call center. Two months into the job they started to give me warnings and at the end let me go on veterans day.

My question is that despite having a disability can a firm let you on the basis of not being able to hit their goals or targets?

Of course. While it's not entirely clear what you mean when you say you are "disabled," being "disabled" does not insulate you from being fired. Being "disabled" only means that you may be entitled to certain accommodations and that you may be be subjected to adverse employment action because of your "disability." Whether an adjustment of your former employer's goals or targets depends on the nature of your "disability" and the nature of the job.

Only possible answer to your question is "yes".

I'm also not quite clear what you mean by "my disability restricts me to retrieve information at times." I'm afraid having a disability doesn't mean the employer is obligated to drop its expectations in terms of goals/job duties as compared to other workers. That's not what the ADA means when it comes to "reasonable accommodation." You also didn't say that you discussed the disability with them and they said they wouldn't have the same expectations of you (though they're free to change that view down the road depending on business demands).

You might have a point of contention if you know for a fact (and can establish) that the employer lowers expectations for this or that non-disabled person, or other folks with X disability.