My3boys2269

Mother of 3

Hello,I have a quick question I have 3 Boys 8,7 and 2. While im wabt to move to Alabama with my children, but their father refuses to let me tske them. All 3 boys are his but he's never really been been a part are did anything to help support the older 2, I've always worked 2 and 3 jobs to make sure they had everything they needed. We started talking about 3 years ago again and i ended up pregnant eith our 3rd son. Even with with him ge has not financial helped. He is mentality, emotionally, and have been abuse of to me. He disrespect's me in front of our kids yells anhed calls me names. We have lived together for a year now and me and the older boys have been misable. I've tryed to get him out and he wont leave. Our lease is up and we are month to month. I have no family here and i want to move where my family is. Am i allowed to move with my boys to better them and myself? I told him i want nothing from him no child support are anything, i tried and. told him him if the older boys wanted we could meet half way and they could spend the summer with him. Please help thank you

Are you or have you ever been married to the kids' father? If not, has his paternity ever been legally established and a custody and support order ("parenting plan") issued by a court of competent jurisdiction? If the answers to both these questions is no, the father has no enforceable parental rights whatsoever and you are free to take the kids wherever, whenever you like, and set the terms for visitation. Consult local counsel.

No i never been married to him before just made alot of dumb choices. Back in 05 child support was established but taken off the first of 06. I know with our youngest son he signed the birth certificate but not with the older two. Could he fight me at all afrer i move?

Of course he can fight you. Anyone can fight anything. Whether he can win or not depends on the circumstances of the case and the applicable laws. You say "... child support was established but taken off ..." but that's kinda vague. Was there a support order? If so, there must have been an adjudication of paternity, and that gives the father standing to oppose the move. How did it happen that the child support was terminated a year after it was started? You really need to discuss your rights and possible options with a local family law attorney.

Ok i will look into finding one fairy cheap where i live to see what i can do and what my best options are. Paternity tests were given to both the older boys. Child support stopped because we was trying to work it out and he moved back in but only lasted 4 months.