RakeshChoudhary54321

job contract and severence clause

at time of my severenve my employer does not want to pay me for my accrued vacation time , though the accrued vacation time is more than allowed by HR manual but historical the organization had paid money for all accrued vacation of all employees , even when it was more than HR manual prescribed limits . what is the recourse i should take .

i was employed by my organization in 2008 , i was given a 2 year contract with a 6 month severence clause . at the end of 2 years i was told that my employment will continue under the same condition, but i do not have any exsisting paper contracy . Recently, i am facing severence my understanding is my contractual clause of 6 month severnce holds good, but i am not sure what is the legal position in it .

when my board chair told me my job will continue with same codition i did as the laweyer deputed by my general counsel from his firm, and i was told that in usual condition all the same terms of job continues . the advice was given to me in written.... so what is my legal position about severnece claim

Well, we cannot know the answer from here about whether they owe you severance, because we cannot see this contract to which you refer. Unless you have a new contract renewing under same terms for a period ending two years hence, it sounds like all they don't have to worry about what the now-expired contract said.

I'm afraid you can't expect strangers to know from here what your "legal position on it" might be. It sounds like you need to talk with a local attorney who can review the details with you.

As for vacation, what recourse you take depends on whether your state requires the employer to pay out accrued vacation time or whether law is neutral but leaves it up to employer policy; if either, you're free to sue for it.