RakeshChoudhary54321

health issue

i developed DVT (deep vein thrombosis) while travelling on buisness in a 16 hour long flight . later while getting investigated i found i have a idiopathic thrombocytosis (an early stages of marrow cancer) . i informed the employers , who were very helpful and allowed me to travel in executive class. but an year down the line , iam being terminated (though the word termination is not being used , i am being told as i had earlier mentioned i would like to work only for 5 years) and it is about 5 years they want me to be tranisitioned off .....

my perofrmance was very good, i had been given 100% of my variable compensation last year and am again being proposed 100% variable compensation this year (only employee who is recieved 100% variable comp in whole organization)

i do not know if the severence is related to the sickness , or increased travel cost given executive class travel , or the risk of my becoming sicker ....... does this becomes a ground to chellenge severence ?

Private employers are not required by law to give any severance pay at all. If you had a written contract for 5 years of employment and it specified a severance payment, then the terms of that contract will determine what severance you are due. Absent that, the employer may determine severance however it likes so long as the employer does not determine the severance based on illegal discrimination, e.g. your race, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, etc.