ccardinale

my rights on community corrections

I was released from prison 5 months ago , and I have to complete one year of community supervision . I would like to know if I can be a medical marijuana provider while I'm under the department of corrections supervision ? I have the patients cards , i know that the cards have to be posted at the location of the grow .Under the new law , all providers must have the cards posted at the location of the grow . Is it a violation of my supervision to be providing this service ?

While you didn't identify a state, I would be very surprised if it wasn't a violation of your terms of release. Growing marijuana is still illegal under federal law...

But selling it and growing it aren't under WA state law AND MJ possession/cultivation/sale/transporation are all still illegal under federal law which trumps any state law to the contrary. I'd suggest you run it past your parole officer but I strongly believe he/she is going to tell you to forget it.