JohnBrian_2682

Intellectual Property?

I work in a school district as a teacher, and was in the final interview step as a candidate for the Athletic Director position in the district I work in (Would make about 130K vs 60K now.)

Despite being told numerous times from committee members, etc. about the support I had, what a great presentation I gave etc. I found out yesterday I did not get the position, and it was given to someone outside of the district (he has a connection with our principal).

The last step of the interview process was to present MY VISION for the athletic department. I just got called into the Assistant Principal's office and was told that they are sorry things didn't work out, but they did love my ideas and would love my help implementing XX idea from my presentation -- but without giving me the salary or title to go along with it!

Seeing how they gave the other guy the job, I think it's completely insensitive to ask me that, especially one day later.

My question is -- what rights do I have to protect my "vision?" Can they take my presentation and just implement it without me, seeing how it was mine to begin with??

Probably not, but it depends on exactly what was involved. A "vision" suggests nothing more than ideas, and ideas are not protected in any way in the absence of a contract that provides for such protection. On the other hand, your presentation (depending on what it consisted of) may be protected by copyright law.