saflores83

Question

Hello,

I owe about $19k in child support. I went to jail for a week in October but was released on my own recon because I was not served the court papers to go to court. I have court on next wednesday. I have been trying to find a job and all. I go to college at the present moment, I have 3 kids in my custody, I just had a baby 2 months ago. Does anyone think I will go to jail? Right now, I get help with the assistance of the government (cash assistance and food stamps) I have been putting in job applications every day!

Thank you.

No way to know without knowing what state you're in and without all the relevant facts.

Let me suggest that you start being more sexually responsible stop having kids since you obviously can't afford to support those that you already have.

You do not need to be rude about it. Thank you.

A non-custodial parent can face contempt of court and maybe forced to do jail time, if a parent does not comply with the court orders to pay child support. To learn more about this subject matter, you may wish to visit the Family Law Center and read Child Support as a good resource.