cshepa84

Online Yard Sale?

Hi, I am trying to find out if I can make a website for an online yard sale. All purchases would be made in person, and no money would be exchanged online, but do I need a buisness liscense for a yard sale advertized on a website?

Hi, I am trying to find out if I can make a website for an online yard sale.

We obviously have no way of knowing if you have that ability.

do I need a buisness liscense for a yard sale advertized on a website?

Rather obviously, it depends on the laws of your unidentified state and locality. Where I live, laws governing yard sales/garage sales are made at the local level. I suggest you look up the local ordinances for your city/town/county.

That's kind of a silly idea. People are going to want to see stuff up close before they buy it.

Makes more sense to advertise on Craigslist with the date and time.

You can post up to 8 photos on Craigslist to show all your stuff if you want to.

I don't see that your business is different than eBay or any of the many other resale web sites, so go ahead and get a business license and start selling!