correac90

Divorce/Custody

My husband and I are going through a divorce, and i recently found out that he is fighting for full custody. He mentioned to me that he is going to go broke just to make my life misserable and that he is going to take my 2 daughters away ages 4 and 8. Im a great mother i try my best, i have a good stabled job, i have my own transportation and i recently got a new home that we live in they have their own room and beds. Im stressing and im scared that he may take my daughters away. Please help, by telling me, can he really do this?? take my daughters away!! (we live in Texas)

In almost all situations, a court will keep one primary question in mind when deciding a custody case, namely, what is in the best interests of the child. To learn more about child custody matters, you may wish to visit the Family Law Center and read Child Custody as a good resource. For further clarification on your custody matter, you may want to consult with a local Texas Family Law Lawyer.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "full custody" or how he thinks he can take your kids away from you or what exactly he means by that.

We obviously cannot speak intelligently about how the court will decide custody in your case. There are, however, a couple of generalities you should keep in mind. First, courts generally award primary custody to the parent who has been the child's primary caregiver so as to minimize the disruption that the divorce will have on the child's life. Second, it would take some pretty serious facts to award "full custody" to one parent and not give the other parent reasonable visitation.

The best way to ease your mind is to consult with a local family law attorney.