JonWain

Let go don"t work

I was laid off ,He said "because he could keep two people for what he pays me. That i would one of the first he would call back." A week later i applied to another company. The previous company was not verifying my history. They asked me to go and try to light a fire under them to rush them up. So i did. I got there he hhas hired a few more people. I asked for th verification, He says he didn't know were to find it. Upon searching for myself I found an Unauthorized person searching my file. I confronted the superviser about it. Another person in the office states that they didn't want to tell the company im applying to i fell a drug test. WHT SHOULD I DO?

Your previous employer has absolutely no legal obligation to verify your history.

I hope you filed for unemployment when you were laid off. If not, then I suggest you do so immediately.

Then keep job hunting if you can't get the one you applied for.

Once your former employer realizes that you are on unemployment (if you qualify) I'm guessing that verifications will be more forthcoming in the future.

However, if you actually did fail a drug test, the employer really does have the option of revealing it.

Meantime, nobody is doing anything illegal.