nikwhite30

TEXAS, CAN DPS WAIT AS LONG AS THEY WANT TO SUSPEND YOUR LICENSE AFTER A CONVICTION OR IS THERE A TIME FRAME?

I WAS ARRESTED FOR 2ND DWI 4/10/11 I HAD A WRECK AND GAVE BLOOD AT THE HOSPITAL. NEXT MORNING I CALLED THE TROOPER AND ASKED HIM IF MY LICENSE WAS SUSPENDED. HE SAID IT WAS AND SO I QUIT DRIVING. IN JULY 2011 I PLED GUILTY AND WAS PLACED ON COMMUNITY SUPERVISION. IN NOV. 2011 I RECIEVED THE ALR SUSPENSION NOTICE. I CALLED AND THEY SET UP THE HEARING. WHEN I SPOKE WITH THE JUDGE SHE ADVISED ME TO SPEAK WITH AN ATTORNEY. TELLING ME IT WOULD BE RESET WITHIN 2 WEEKS. SHE ALSO AGREED WITH ME THAT IT WAS ODD THAT IT TOOK THEM SO LONG TO GET TO ME FROM THE DATE OF MY ACCIDENT TO THE POINT THAT THEY WERE TRYING TO SUSPEND MY LICENSE. NOW IT IS NOV 2012 AND I JUST RECIEVED THE 2ND NOTICE FOR THE RESET TO BE HELD JAN 28, 2013. WHICH IS 21 MONTHS FROM MY ACCIDENT AND LIKE 18 MONTHS SINCE MY CONVICTION. I WILL ONLY HAVE 6 MONTHS REMAINING ON PROBATION AT THE DATE OF THE HEARING. CAN DPS DO THAT? I DIDN'T DRIVE FOR 6 MONTHS BECAUSE THE OFFICER STATED TO ME VERBALLY THAT IT WAS IN FACT SUSPENDED. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I CAN DO?