Coloradodad_3766

Biological father custody of IVF donor egg/surrogate child

I'm the dad of a beautiful baby boy of 1 and 1/2 years. The child was conceived via IVF and a donor egg carried by a surrogate. I am the biological father and the mother has no genetic link to the child. In the case of divorce is there any legal precedent of full custody going to the father. I am also the primary care giver. Please let me know. Thanks

You don't say, but presumably as part of the process of surrogacy your spouse formally adopted the child. If so, the child will be treated in the divorce the same as a child conceived and born conventionally.

I'm the dad of a beautiful baby boy of 1 and 1/2 years.

Why is no one ever the parent of an ugly child? Never mind....

In the case of divorce is there any legal precedent of full custody going to the father.

Case precedent varies from state to state, and you didn't identify your state (that said, I agree with "Ted_from_Texas's" response). That you are the primary caregiver is likely to be far more important.