johnny67

how to find details on my great- grandfathers case

I would like to know how I would find charges, details , specifics for a case that went to appellate court in 1936? I have the findings from the court of appeals based on other cases but it does not go into the details of his?

People V. Matiasevich 12 Cal.App 2d Supp. 759 Crim. A. No. 1315 March 16,1936

Appears that your great-grandfather was charged with a crime, tried, and then had the case dismissed. The prosecution appealed the dismissal claiming that there had been no trial, apparently with the aim of bringing the defendant to trial. The appellate ruled that there had been a trial and that he could not be tried again.

http://law.justia.com/cases/california/calapp2d/12/supp759.html

You would have to visit the courthouse records department and search through the archived files (likely on microfilm) to find the case file.