lilshy6996

abandoned

I live in Kansas. The house next to me has been empty for over two years. I have been mowing,raking ect. I would like to know the legal way to buy it. I have contacted the county and the owner that is listed is deceased. There are taxes owed for the last two years. There is not any bank listed. I believe the house was paid for.

Get any info. you can from the county tax office , call realters or title companys, do a serch on the reg. owners name , you can even look in the phone book for the last name and start calling...i,v found people's relatives / houses just by using my nateural. resorces.

county court house for will recorded if any may help... if no airs , it rolles over to some state or county fund here in oregon.

good luck.

B.L

Shleprock

The house next to me has been empty for over two years. . . . I would like to know the legal way to buy it. I have contacted the county and the owner that is listed is deceased. There are taxes owed for the last two years. There is not any bank listed. I believe the house was paid for.

The starting point would be to determine whether the estate of the owner of record was probated. You can look into that at the local probate court. If not, see if you can determine who the owner's heirs were and contact them. At the end of the day, your best bet will be to hire a local real estate attorney as previously suggested.