dgj429

paying traffic tickets ..leading up to final payment date. Los Angeles

WENT TO COURT ALREADY AND RECIEVED MY ONE TIME EXTENSION. MY DATE TO HAVE TICKET PAYED IN FULL IS 12 17 2012 havent made any payments. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO MAKE ANOTHER COURT DATE TO BUY TIME, NOR ALLOWS ME THE ABILITY TO TO OBTAIN A PAYMENT EXTENSION.

1) CAN I SETUP A PAYMENT SCH. NOW WITH THE CASHIERS OFFICE EVEN THOUGH THE TICKET IS DUE ON 12 17 2012?

2)CAN I GO IN AND REQUEST ANOTHER COURT DATE IN PERSON

You can ask but the clerks don't have the power to change what the court ordered.

You can try but there's no guarantee that you'd even get a date in time, let alone that the court would give you an extension when you haven't made a single payment. Consult local counsel.

1)im not trying to change what the court has ordered....just to setup a payment sch. that exeeds the final payment date.... can i do this?

2)setting up the court date is just a way to buy more time not to get a date before or on the final payment date........they ususally set court dates 3 to 4months out probably will not get an extension which is fine the court date itself is an extension. can i setup another court date when i already had one?

1. You should have set up a payment schedule with the court. The clerks have NO authority to arrange it without the court's prior approval.

2. You have a due date. Any new court date you get is NOT an extention. Fail to have the entire amount paid on time will result in a failure to pay being reported to DMV and an immediate suspension of your license AND there will be another fine for failing to pay when you do get to court.

Some times you can contact the issuing judges chambers and you can talk with his secretery.

it worked for me a couple times in my youth., however,BY NOT MAKING ANY PAYMENT TO DATE DOSNT SHOW GOOD FAITH and dosnt put you in good light from the courts view!!

B.L

Shleprock