effielove1

dental work place injury

I have a question. I was injuried at work by a dental needle . when i was hired i was never asked for my hep b records. I just found out I do not have my Hep B shot.

I was wondering what the laws were for dental office ,. I know that it is required that you have your hep b shot . and that your employeer have your records. And I am the person who is doing all of the sterilizing of instruments.

thANK YOU FOR REPLYING .

Like most laws, any laws that might be applicable to such a situation would be state specific, so you'll need to identify your state.

I'm still not sure what your question is. You said that you want to know the laws applicable to dental office employees, but then you said that you "know" what the law is.

A quick google search uncovered no law that requires employees of dental offices to have a shot for hepatitis B or for the employer to have the employees' records (medical records, I assume). Of course, since a google search is not exactly exhaustive legal research, I could have missed something. Since you said you know the law requires these things, what sections of the PA Code do you believe require these things?