dlstoo

set back rules?

I live in Texas and am looking for property in my hometown. I found a lot big enough to build a house on but it is right off of a hi-way Does anyone know the laws on the set back distance from the hi-way or does this vary from county to county? If so, who would I contact to find out the rules? I have made several calls to the court house in my county and nobody seems to know where to direct me.

It will vary from locality to locality. I'm not sure why you would contact the courthouse. Contact the local building and planning office (although the specific name of the proper place to contact probably will also vary from locality to locality).

The department where you would get a building permit is the place that would have the information you seek.

Google your town with the words building permit and you'll get right to the website where you can probably look up the codes online or you can pay a visit to their offices.