Scarlettohara_4223

Termination Discrimination

I held a position in AL for three years and was constantly told what a good job I was doing.

Out of the blue my employer called me into his office and said we were parting ways. I needed to retire. I am a 65 year old female.

My employer then went on to say he was replacing me with a 51 year old male that was in need of a job. This male has NO experience in the company's field and no experience in my particular job.

Do I have grounds for job discrimination.

If you were a client in New York I would advise you that it sounds like you have a potentialluy viable age discrimination claim and possibly a gender discrimination claim as well!

I suggest that you contact a local employment attorney immediately. Arrange a free consultation so you can explore your options and the details of your specific situation. Doing so will only cost your free time and could help to protect you a great deal. Please do not delay, the Federal statute of limitations for claims of this sort is only 300 days from the date of last discrimination.

www.QueensEmploymentAttorney.com

Can't know how viable it is from here or whether in the end the reason he's letting you go is because this is just some friend who needs a job or would be far cheaper (nothing unlawful about either) and the dude/employer doesn't think he's leaving you in the lurch or hurting you because he believes you're able to "retire". It doesn't mean he's discriminating against you because of your age or gender as such.

You're free to file a complaint with the EEOC and state equivalent, and talk with a local employment attorney who handles discrimination cases.