gr0812

PLEASE HELP

A couple weeks ago, my ex and I got into an arugment. I was picking up my son and he spit in my face as I was leaving.

Just to get back at him, I called the police and filed a complaint.

Can I drop this? It was stupid and I was mad at the time, but I'd rather there not be a case, and I'd rather the police not waste their time on something so minute.

Thanks for your assistance.

Once you called the police you started the "wheels of justice" in motion. Sometimes those wheels are difficult to stop. However, I'd recommend you hire a criminal defense lawyer for your husband to be his advocate and help you both navigate these dangerous waters. Depending upon the jurisdiction, prosecutors will have office policies dictating the resolution of domestic assault cases. A defense lawyer familiar these policies and the prosecutor can help your husband.

I was picking up my son and he spit in my face as I was leaving.

You called the police because your child spit in your face while you were picking him up? How old is your child? For what purpose were you picking him up?

Can I drop this?

It's not clear what "this" refers to. You didn't say what the police did in response to your complaint or whether the matter has gone beyond the police.