TXlakegirl

Wrongful Termination

I was an instructor for a community college in Texas, wrongly terminated due to false information from my supervisor. Does the fact that the entitiy is a college limit my legal battle against it?

Depends on how you define "legal battle" and it's unclear how the employer committed any wrong. If your supervisor defamed you/lied about you to get you fired for personal reasons, your beef is with your supervisor as an individual. Your post is short on detail, but seek local counsel if you believe there's a lawsuit here.

Thanks thats what I needed to know, my supervisor did not follow college policy in evaluating me. Now she is threatening my ex-students with expulsion if they have any contact with me at all! I believe there is more to her reasons for terminating me, I have had one meeting with the college president & will exhaust all administrative avenues before hiring a lawyer I had just signed a new contract in August 2012 for another year!