justjoe_10

dubious claim and intent to sue

Edit/Summary: I didn't return a call for information (my address) in time, from a claimant.

Question 1: Am I in a liable for not calling back?

Question 2: Should I call my insurance company about this, and/or should I call the owner back?

I would appreciate any insights/advice or previous experience.

You did not identify a state. Your state may require that in the event of an accident you provide the other driver your name, address, driver's license number and insurer information. You'll need to check your state's laws.

In Australia your entitlements to a common law claim (or negligence claim) will also VERY MUCH depend on the State or Territory of injury. For example in NSW there are thresholds which means your injury has to be serious i.e. 15% permanent impairment. Is it the same in the States?

If you are saying that there is no common law negligence claim -- i.e., no entitlement to any recovery -- unless the plaintiff's injuries meet a certain minimum threshhold, no, there is no law of that sort in any U.S. state.