Midnight16

School feeding pork to my child against our religion

Hi everyone.My question is about my child school feeding her pork.Its prohibited by our religion.When we first enrolled her we had to fill out a form stating that and signed by the community clergy.My wife and I found out last month that in the child school daily log she was given pork for lunch.That created the inimaginable in my family.We were chocked and sadden.Yesterday for a second time she was given pork again.we talk to the school officials about it.they apologize bal bla bla.But my big family decided to take it to take to court.Now I am the father its all weighing on me and I need advise and help on this humiliating and violating situation. Thanks.Child is two years old.In public child development center.

This forum does not provide legal services. We can try to answer your questions about the law, but you haven't asked any. Even if we were in a position to help, it would be difficult to respond in any meaningful way because you haven't provided any substantive facts about the circumstances surounding your issue. For example, is this a public or private school? How old is the child? Did she know she was getting pork when it was served, and if so did she notify the server that she needed something else? What state are you in?

If your "big family" (whoever that is) is determined to take the matter to court, I can only suggest that you contact a local education or personal injury lawyer to find out where you stand and whether you have a valid case. Aside from that, until the matter is resolved to your satisfaction, I recommend you pack your daughter's lunch.

A case for what? You are understandably upset that the school failed on at least two occasions to deliver the meals they ageed to serve, but the law makes allowances for honest mistakes, and you have not included any facts in your message to indicate that the school or its personnel were negligent, or that your daughter suffered physical or emotional harm as a result. As previously stated, a local attorney can look at all the facts and help you determine whether the school's failure is actionable, and if so what to do next.

I think you probably have a pretty good case for an injunction against the daycare provider you're using (not that I'm not sure what "public child development center" means, but I'll assume that it is some sort of daycare center operated by the state or local government in your area).

However, I would think that it would be a better use of resources to seek an alternative daycare provider who will be more sensitive to your religious beliefs.