HtL_RAGE

first car

After Saving for the summer i finally had $2,000. I found a nice mustang ( atleast i thought) they wanted 4,000. i was exited for my first car so i didnt look too much over. i bought it and the next day i took it to get checked and i did a car fax, turns out the car was worth $1,000 and the mechanic told me it wasn't even safe to drive on the highway. So i took it back within three days. they said they couldnt do anything about it when i just asked for my money back, because i brought up the lemon law. that was a month ago, they still have the mustang and my money... is there anything i can do to get my money back? please help

Unfortunately, there is a lot of critical information missing here. First: It will depend on the state where you purchased the vehicle. California is different that Nevada. Second: it will make a huge difference as to whether you purchaed it from a dealerhsip or a private party.

Talk to an attorey that specializes in lemon law/dealer fraud in your state. You can probably get this answered in 5 mintues without any cost to you.

John Hendrickson

Santa Rosa, CA

Disclaimer: This is not intended to constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. Every situation is different and your unique facts will impact the outcome. These responses are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.