mslndat

2005 Mazda

I just bought a 2005 Mazda Mpv. in New Hampshire. Drove it home and the next day the check engine light came on, took it to Advanced Auto to have is scanned and the Catalytic Converter Code came up.

This will cause a rejection on my inspection sticker. I live in Massachusetts but the vehicle was bought in New Hampshire. I did buy a 90 day warranty but catalytic converters are not covered.

I thought there was a Federal Emissions or Federal Inspection Law that protected consumer nationwide. New Hampshire has no lemon law...................how can I proceed. The dealers add listed this vehicle as ' NEEDS NOTHING ' Mazda quoted me a price of 1200. to 1800. dollars. TO ME THAT'S NOT NOTHING, THAT'S HUGE.

I think there is a federal emissions law but I doubt that it applies to a 7 year old vehicle. You'll have to google it.

Lemon laws also typically don't apply to used vehicles.

I suspect you bought the car AS IS but with the separate LIMITED warranty so I doubt that you have recourse against the dealer.

But feel free to consult an attorney and verify that.