uncle_sam

selected for a job, job rescinded and left me holding expenses

I work for the Federal government. I applied for another government. I was interviewed, selected, and given an official job offer (with PCS orders). I proceed with making arrangements such as selling my home (at below market value), securing a work visa (as the position was in a foreign country), etc.

Due to an administrative error on the government's part, the job was rescinded 2-weeks before my start day.

I am now left with numbers expenses that they are refusing to honor. I have been provided an agency grievance procedure -- which gives me 15 days to file my grievance. Additionally, the procedures state that I may not also file with EEO, IG, or other grievance body.

I am extremely unhopeful in this grievance procedure, and I am investigating legal assistance.

Has anyone faced a similar horror or could offer me any advice?

You will need to consult with an attorney in the unidentified country that hired you to see if you if and how you can pursue a claim against that country's government.