BigEater123

Sunig a minor in civil court

I was recently in an accident where the other party was at fault and got the ticket for "failure to yield". I was driving down a main road and a car stopped in the lane next to me to let her pull out from a side street and i did not see her. She pulled out into the main road without looking if there was a car coming and i hit her. The accident report (which i have) says that she had ***** insurance. I called there and the is NO record of a policy for her. So i had to pay my OWN $500 deductable, even though she was at fault. Now i would like to sue her in civil court for the $500 for the deductable and the $500 for the rental car i had to get. The only thing is, she is a minor (17). Can i sue her in civil court or do i have to go after her dad, whom i dont have any information on.

Please help!

Edited by FindLaw_AHK
This post has been edited to remove personal or identifying information. -Moderator

The appropriate procedure for suing a minor depends on the laws of your unidentified state. Same for whether the minor's parents might be vicariously liable.

I just want to know if I can sue her (the minor). I don't want to have to sue her parents because I don't know their names and I already have her info. It would be easier for me to sue the minor.