luqman6133

Caselaw regarding variances

Does anyone know of any case law with languagethat addresses a developer attempting to build new homes in a neighborhood and petitioning the city for variances from the city code where older homes in the neighborhood were not constructed with such variances and older homeowners are concerned about their impact on their homes physically (flooding) and value?

Case law varies from state to state, and you didn't identify your state. However, no one on a web site is going to do legal research for you.

I forgot to mention that I was looking for Illinois case law. Believe me, I was not expecting anyone on this website or any other to conduct legal research for me. I was just wondering if there were any experts in the field out there who may happen to know of some caselaw that stood out in their minds.

You may want to visit a local Illinois Law Library to get help with researching this topic.