autoaccidents

Options for payment of damages after talking with insurance companies

I need some advice about an auto accident I was involved in

The other party was switching lanes near a traffic light (did not turn on turn signal, both parties were traveling <30mph) and hit my car in the lane I was currently driving in. Her front passenger side hit my driver front tire/bumper area. When we pulled over she immediately admitted fault and said she did not see me. We exchanged information (Name, #, address) and no police were called or any witnesses.

So currently, each insurance company is sticking to their parties story (mine is geico and the other party is with Nationwide). She reported that I was the one switching lanes and my front driver side hit her rear passenger side.

I have pictures of the dent/paint/scratch marks that I think can prove she is lying to her insurance company. But neither insurance companies has asked to see them. I don't know what my options are.

Geico has said my only option now is to go to arbitration which will require me to pay my $500 deductible and attempting to recover the losses through arbitration. Which is not something I want to do since it is her fault

Any suggestions? I do not have an estimate of the damages, but its possible that the front bumper may need to be replaced?

I have pictures of the dent/paint/scratch marks that I think can prove she is lying to her insurance company.

This sentence is a bit disjointed, so I'm not sure if you really intended to say what you appear to be saying. How could pictures of the damages (to your car or her car or both cars) prove which of you was changing lanes?

But neither insurance companies has asked to see them.

You don't have to wait for a request. Call the adjusters and say, "Hey, I forgot to mention that have pictures of ____. Can I get your e-mail address so that I can send them to you?"

I don't know what my options are.

Well...for starters, you can pay to get your car fixed or make a claim against your own collision coverage (if you have it), or wait until something gets resolved with the other driver's insurer. If you can't convince the other driver's insurer to pay for the damage, you can sue the other driver or not.

[My insurer] has said my only option now is to go to arbitration which will require me to pay my $500 deductible and attempting to recover the losses through arbitration. Which is not something I want to do since it is her fault

I'm sure you don't. I don't know anyone who prefers litigation to voluntary payment of legal obligations, but voluntary payment may not be forthcoming. You might want to inquire of your the person at your insurer who told you that you must arbitrate why you cannot simply sue in small claims court (assuming the damages are less than the small claims limit in your state).

I do not have an estimate of the damages, but its possible that the front bumper may need to be replaced?

I assume this wasn't really intended to be a question.

Thank you very much for your response

I talked with the other party's insurance again and will be submitting the pictures of the damages to my car

snapback.pngautoaccidents, on 01 August 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

As for my previous post, what I was trying to say was, based off of the direction of the dent (on my front tire driver side) and the parallel scratch marks on that tire axel to my front bumper (wheel well?) that covers that tire I can argue that I was not switching lanes when the other party hit my car, therefore the other party's story is incorrect.

I'm pretty sure I will need a professional engineer to make that conclusion though, but it's the only option I have left to get the insurance to reconsider my claim

Thanks alot