lauren123_9479

Texas

I recently got my 3rd DWI offense in Texas... I was wondering if it's possible with a great lawyer to recieve a long term of probation and no jail time? I have a great job and about to go back to school.

Since a 3d DUI in TX is a felony carrying from 2 to 10 years in prison, unless there's a basis to suppress the stop, it's completely unrealistic to expect no jail time. The court can grant you probation instead of sending you to prison but there is a minimum sentence in county jail that must be served. There's also a mandatory license suspension for up to 2 years. No matter how good the lawyer, they can't walk on water or turn back time...

I agree if the prosecution has the admissible evidence to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, there may by little chance of getting out of a Texas Felony DWI without jail time, even if probation is granted. However, there may be issues an experienced DWI defense lawyer can help you with. The state may have trouble proving-up your prior DWI convictions. There may be other legal issues like the stop, search, and arrest. It is never a waste of money to invest in a qualified defense lawyer when facing any felony charges. Good luck.