Tovar7

Fireworks

My sister was injured in a fireworks accident on the 4th of July 2012. Our neighbors had illegal fireworks and when my sister and I came home from the store they lit one in the street. Right when it popped a piece of the firework hit my sister in the face. Immediately she started bleeding severely and my cousin called the ambulance. The neighbors came over saying that if their firework had hit my sister and then they ran inside their house. The police arrived and confiscated some fireworks from the neighbors. My question is, since my sister was taken to the hospital in an ambulance, can we have the neighbors pay for the ambulance bill?

\r\n

Thank you

I'd be thinking in terms of more than just the ambulance bill, but this is something your sister would discuss with a personal injury attorney.

Tovar7 said...

The neighbors came over saying that if their firework had hit my sister. . . .\r\n

\r\n

Huh?

\r\n
Tovar7 said...

since my sister was taken to the hospital in an ambulance, can we have the neighbors pay for the ambulance bill?\r\n

\r\n

I'm not sure who "we" are. The person(s) who were setting off the fireworks are clearly liable for the damages resulting from your sister's injury (I can hardly believe you think the answer might be otherwise). Once she has fully recovered, she (or your parents if your sister is a minor) should speak with those persons about covering the bills and, if they refuse, should speak with a local attorney about a personal injury suit.