vmendoza_01

Independent Contactor

To Who It May Concern,

\r\n

i am independent Contactor ,and, I am actually a carrier and delivery paper seven days a week. I was injure by other employee at work and had been bruise and needed staples on my head. What are my rights i have no insurance and my manager knows of these injuries, Is it there responsibility to send me to there doctor? even though, I received treatment at Emergency room at the hospital. I am not insurance being a independent contactor,.

\r\n

What are my rights as far a the other party who cause these injures on me.?

\r\n

Does the company strongly corrects the behavior to the other party who cause these injuries and the who did this should she be reprimanded?

\r\n

Who can I contact as indepedent contact and is there a HR department I can report too.

\r\n

I need to remove my staples on my head in seven days , and this should be the company responsibility please advise I need some answer

\r\n\r\n

You did not identify what state you are in. Generally, if you are an independent contractor, you are not an employee and not covered by workers comp laws if injured during the course of your work. If the employee that caused your injuries did so because they were negligent or did it intentionally, you can sue them personally for your injuries and expenses. Whether or not you could sue the employer under a vicarious liability theory would depend upon state law and the specific facts. Consult local counsel.