Jst_curious

Beastiality Washington state

Is it Illegal to watch Animal porn off the Internet in Washington state?

Before anyone starts thinking I'm a pervert i just want to let you know that I'm only asking this Because i recently found out my Brother (who has been crashing on my sofa) has been watching animal porn on my computer. i just want to know if its Illegal to watch porn that involves bestiality on the Internet so i can tell my brother to use his imagination from now on.

RCW 9.68.130 makes it a crime to display such content in a public manner:

"

"Sexually explicit material" — Defined — Unlawful display.

(1) A person is guilty of unlawful display of sexually explicit material if he knowingly exhibits such material on a viewing screen so that the sexually explicit material is easily visible from a public thoroughfare, park or playground or from one or more family dwelling units.

(2) "Sexually explicit material" as that term is used in this section means any pictorial material displaying direct physical stimulation of unclothed genitals, masturbation, sodomy (i.e. bestiality or oral or anal intercourse), flagellation or torture in the context of a sexual relationship, or emphasizing the depiction of adult human genitals: PROVIDED HOWEVER, That works of art or of anthropological significance shall not be deemed to be within the foregoing definition.

(3) Any person who violates subsection (1) of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor."

Additionally, "bestiality" is included in the definitions for the "Moral Nuisances" chapter of Washington's code. You can read the definition where it's located at RCW 7.48A.010, though I would recommend reading through the rest of the statutes in the chapter to get an idea of what a moral nuisance is and who may bring a claim.