chestnut2109

Power of attorney

My demented husband signed power of attorney from me to his daughter when he was confined to the va hospital in St. Louis, mo. She had his mood alteration drug discontinued. She denied me entrance to his room by placing two guards on his door and ordered his nurse not to let me speak to my husband. This is all within a week. Of my husbands death. Do I have a suit against his daughter or the hospital. We were married 11 years and I had been a caregiver to him for six of those years without any help from his daughter. Do I have any kind of suit against the hospital or my husbands daughter. I have a tape recording of his daughter telling me that she had the guards taken off t

My husbands door.

chestnut2109 said...

Do I have a suit against his daughter or the hospital.

I don't see any basis for any legal claim against either -- and particularly not against the hospital, which presumably was acting in accordance with an apparently valid POA. It also doesn't appear that you have any damages.