breannasgrandma

grandparents rights

Hi, I would like to know if I have any rights for visitation for my 6 yr old grandaughter who lives in Louisianna? She is my sons daughter my son is currently serving in the United States Air Force, in Belgium. My grandaughter lives with my sons exwife and her new husband. I live in Ohio. There is more to this much more but first I want to know if I could have her with me for any amount of time? Thank you

breannasgrandma said...

I would like to know if I have any rights for visitation for my 6 yr old grandaughter who lives in Louisianna?

If you don't know the answer to the question, then no, you don't. The only time a grandparent (or any other non-parent) has the right of visitation with a grandchild is if there's a court order allowing such visitation.

If you want to obtain court-ordered visitation, you will need to seek an order from the appropriate court in Louisiana.