Smilely_1955

My HOA

I would like to build a patio, using paver stone, in my back yard. My HOA requires that I request in writing an architectural impovement request. What's confussing to me is that the HOA is requesting a copy of my property survey prior to approving the architecturl request. for the patio.

My understanding is that a property survey will identify my property line. This information should be required if I was installing a fence around my property.

If someone could possible explaine to me why I would need property survey to build a patio using paver stone in my back yard.

Your post doesn't appear to raise any legal issue. We have no idea why your HOA made a particular request. Ask someone at the HOA.

The only thing I can think of is possibly to see how close the patio you are planning comes to the property lines so they can make sure it meets any set-back requirements. The property lines would be pertinent in that situation.