rtripp29

Arizona GANG CHARGES

If I was put in jail and had no way of verifing or furnishing proof othat the allegations against me arent true and I signed a plea but want to file a case to overturn and sue Maricopa county for false arrest and charges, slander, defamation of character and pain and suffering(no jobs for felons cause everybody does background checks) now that I am free and thrrough with my sentence, can I? Arizona

The time to deny the charges and the underlying facts have long past if you have completed your sentence. Since you pled to the charges, there is no basis to file suit against anybody AND the time to do that expired years ago.

rtripp29 said...

You took a plea, served the sentence, and it's basically over. The plea established your guilt, and thus the fact that you are suffering the problems that go with being a convicted felon is not defamation nor gives you any claim for "pain and suffering." You might see an attorney in AZ about what options there might be for a pardon or other relief, but getting anything like that is very difficult. But it wouldn't hurt for you to talk to a criminal lawyer in AZ to see if any details you didn't mention here might help you.

I don't really understand what you mean when you say you "had no way of verifing [sic] or furnishing proof that the allegations [were not] true." However, if you signed a plea agreement, then you necessarily admitted that the allegations against you were true.

The circumstances under which a conviction based on a plea agreement can be overturned are very narrow. Even if you had gone to trial and been acquitted, the circumstances under which you can recover from the police for "false arrest," etc. are also very narrow.

And, even if you had a viable claim, if you're done with your sentence, the time is long past to do anything about this.