elizabethtrejo

Divorcing an illegal immigrant

I married an illegal immigrant in 2005 in Nebraska. In January of 2007 we had a baby boy. In November of 2006 was the last time i saw my "husband" due to issues with the police he went back to Mexico. (he is now a wanted felon) I have not seen or heard from him since then. I now have 2 other children with another person and another on the way. I am wondering if it is possible to divorce my "husband". Shortly after we were married i started the proccess of getting his "papers" but he did not get them due to leaving.

I just want to know if it is possible to divorce him beings i don't know where he is at and because of the children. Any advice is greatly appreciated please and thank you.

####.com

Nebraska

Of course you can divorce him. Talk to a local family law attorney about an "ex parte" divorce. The procedure is somewhat different than if he were still in the U.S. and his location were known, but it can still be done. Good luck!