autumnrain61

PR Deed

I done my Probate for my Uncle, and had help almost to end from a probate lawyer, but then felt he was not communicating so did closing. I was never told to change name over to my Mom and I would need a PR deed filed. So I need to know how much would it cost me to have an attorney do this step for me, is this easy to do and something I could do? I am trying to do this cheap as my Mom is elderly and I am disabled so don't want to spend alot.

We cannot know from here what some unknown real estate attorney might charge for a deed, and it's not clear whether the probate case was actually closed. I'd check with a real estate attorney as to the question of whether the will itself may act as a transfer document in your state. Even if it won't, preparing a deed to sign the property from the estate over to you and your mother shouldn't cost a lot of money.

"I am trying to do this cheap as my Mom is elderly and I am disabled so don't want to spend alot. "

Technically, it's an expense that could have been covered by the estate, but you don't say whether the real property was the only asset.