allornothing

criminal trespassing warning

if i received a criminal trespassing warning but refused to sign the form, can they keep from giving me a copy of the form and simply just say not to step foot on this schools property (in Texas) or while at any school function, even if my child will be playing, say a basketball game at another district, and I plan to attend? This is not there property, can they actually get me for criminal trespassing, at that time? I was issued this by a police officer and told it came from the high school principal, but not for just the high school but all the district's school buildings/property..etc. For them to be able to do that, dont they have to go higher up than just the Principal, for it to be legal?

Refusing to sign the trespass warning won't invalidate it. The fact is that the cop gave you the warning, and as it stands now you may well be arrested and charged with criminal trespass if you enter upon any property of the school district. Whether the principal has the authority to bar you from all property in the school district depends on what authority the board or superintendent of the district has given principals. Your school district probably cannot prevent you from entering upon the property of other school districts or attending functions at those other districts, but you should probably check with an attorney in your state to make sure.

thanks for the info. How about if I have to pickup my daughter from school. Can I do this if I just stop to pick her up and then immediately leave the premises?