ConcernedChristian

ma labor laws on payroll tampering

An incident happened a week and a half ago involving the correct type of shoes on a warehouse dock in Ma.. although I know I was wrong I had to come to that conclusion on my own after the heat conversation with my boss. Now he never said anything to me about it again until Thursday of this week. And he stated that he want restitution in the matter of 5 1/2 hours off my pay, and he also said that he already had done something. I did not know what but, I found out after going over my trip sheet that he took out 4 hours of my pay. I feel he stepped over his bounds but need to know if he had a legal right to do this. I always thought they could not take hours off for this unless I signed off on this. And my pastor explained this in full detail being a business owner himself. Can he do this legally yes or no. Also does he have the legal right to ask for compensation.

Your post is a bit garbled, from a stranger's perspective. You don't bother to mention what the compensation or restitution was for, though one can guess it had something to do with shoes. :)

If you're non-exempt and an employer's trying to dock earned pay for time already worked, that wouldn't be lawful. If you mean change your hours/shorten your work week, that wouldn't be unlawful. If someone's taking $$ for time already worked/earned from check, you can file a wage claim with the state labor dept.