tizznic

ccp1161.2,

My crystal ball is busted today, I'm afraid.

I'm not clear why you'd think that was enough information to give a meaningful response (even if you thought you posted on a state-centric message board). Pretty please, provide more information (let's also assume what the court sent was in English vs. Navajo as well and not even a little self-explanatory; you ought to provide some details there as well).

Hello i answered a unlawful detainer last week this week the court sent me a notice to defendant of filing an unlawful detainer case. pussuant to CCP 1161.2, this notice is to inform you that an unlawful detainer action has been filed in the san bernardino court naming you as party to this action. my question is what happens next and what is the usual time frame?

That notice has all the relevant information on it. That is the whole purpose behind "service of process". To serve you with information about what the process is going to be. Please refer to the documents sent by the court. Nobody will be able to give you any time lines, as far as what to expect because every situation is different.

Here is a great step by step regarding UD's from the County of Santa Barbara.

If you have specific questions about your situation, please seek the advice of local counsel to protect any property rights you may have. Good luck.