gwendale

Illegal To Back Into Parking Spots

My property manger just knocked on my door and told me that " you can't back into parking spots because it is illgeal". I told her " well, who else have you told this too because everytime I look up you are always bothering me about how I park. I have not seen you tell anyone else and I have discussed with other tenats about this recent change in parking and other tenants have not recieved notice or word until I mentioned it to them about the new parking rule. So my question is, Is it illgeal in the state of florida to back into residential parking lots and we are current tenats? I beileve the property is private because it's privately owned by a husband and wife, but now-a-days you can't tell if it's public or private. I have searched for possible laws or guidlines on backing into residential parkin spots, but I have no luck. I know that a lawyer has more resources than a consumer. I want to thank you in advance for researching this matter.

Does your apartment complex have signs posted saying you cannot back into a spot?

If so, what law does it reference?

If there are no signs, you may want to ask your property manager what law they are referring to.

I cannot find any Florida law that prohibits you from backing into a parking spot

There are no signs on the property, but the funny thing is, it's only me who shes saying this too!!!!

She just stated it was the florida law and I couldnt find anything on it and I'm stumped...I asked her, the first time she asked me about parking issues, all she said was its the flordia law and she also stated that a police officer told her it was the law and to tell the tenats that they can not back into the parking spots because the police officers needs to see the license plates.