leobird

Dr staff abuse

We are an elderrly couple with a lot of health issues. The husband is disabled physically but able to do the finances and other desk duties . The wife does the physical duties in order to stay independant. The wife was referred to a pain managing dr with chronic issues , The primayr dr told us to make an appointment and when I did, I was told that we didn't keep our appt. We never had one. We were to told to make one. We made appt for two more visits , saw the dr and thinking that we would be getting billed for them, as in our other specialists have done, we are just waiting. Well, the next visit we are called to the window to hear this' You have to pay copay ! Now do you want to reschedule ? (in a loud voice with people around in the waiting room ) I said," We thought we were going to be sent a bill." Then she yells again, " Do you want to reschedule ! I said," YOu mean go home and come back?" Her answer was," Yes !! I was in shock. I just told my husband that always pays for everything as that is his one thing that he is good at for the most part now, as he puts it. He gave them a credit card , I saw the dr, (still in shock) and we left with me thinking that I just can't go to a pain managing clinic, feeling guilty for having to depend on pain killers anyway, and still in shock, thinking that I was missing something. After a while, I got my bearings and just broke down in tears. I could not go back there again unless I understand why I was assaulted. It was not a dispute over payment, I said nothing to cause her to be angry, so what or why.??? We told our primary dr that sent us there and he said that he will tend to it. We have heard nothing. Our insurance nurse went there to find out and they don''t know who it was so is there anything I can to to get to the bottum of it. I can excustea mistake, but to say that I said somthing ( I told them I have no money") We had discussed why they didn't ask for copay, but figured that we would get a bill. We got a bill the day after the angry visit that was posted the day before the visit. That is a mystery also.

I'm afraid some staffer yelling at you and being unreasonable/silly isn't the basis of a lawsuit. You simply write a nasty note to the practice and advise you're taking your business elsewhere.

The notion that you would feel "guilty" for being on painkillers is a bit odd.

""We have heard nothing."

The doctor saying he would "tend to it" isn't a guarantee that the doctor will call you about it.

Honestly, life is too short for focusing on this sort of thing. I'd find a different doctor/practice and move on.