laurab85

tenants rights to visitors

There won't likely be a statute on this (never mind you didn't bother mentioning your state). I gather the lease doesn't have any restrictions in terms of the landlord saying that someone staying beyond X must be put on the lease. (If it does, you agreed to them.)

If the lease doesn't have you agreeing that you will be the only resident, you're free to argue that the landlord has no control over whether someone else moves in/stays. Assume this is the context you meant, given the post's title.

my land lord said I can't have any one stay with me for more then 3 days without chargeing me $50.00 for the month and I am not aloud to have non relations to me stay #### all ,for any amount of time what can I do about this and is it right.

Denise, you've posted as an "answer" to an old/stale thread vs. "post[ing] a new question". Best not to do that.

If you read my response to the other poster, you'll know that unless you agreed to this in your lease, you're free to tell the landlord to pound sand. If necessary, you file a petition in the landlord-tenant court against the landlord to address this. Note that if you're on a month-to-month lease, in most jurisdictions the landlord can terminate the tenancy with no more than a month's advance warning for no reason at all. (You'd be able to fight that and perhaps delay the termination for a while if you felt it was in retaliation for asserting your rights under state law, but who knows how far you want to press this. Feel free to seek local real estate counsel.)