dui blood draw report

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tonytuzz

tonytuzz

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

on my form from the az department of public safety , there is phlebtomist signature on it ,  But no witness  signture on it ,  Do i have any grounds for anything , my hole case is riding on this report thanks,   Dui arrest same officer that arrested me drawed out my blood his name the only  one on the report but the witness signature area below his signature is blank .    I would think that if its marked with an  X  someone should of signed it then come back later and fill in the blanks

#2 Tax_Counsel

Tax_Counsel

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,854 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

You didn’t say what form this is or what charges you face, and that’s important. That said, it is almost certainly the case that the lack of a witness signature won’t result in suppression of the test results. If the case goes to trial, the state can establish what procedures were used for the test by the testimony of the persons at the lab who did the tests. If you have been charged with DUI, I strongly suggest you get an attorney to represent you. If there is a basis for challenging the test results, he or she will be able to spot the problem and know how to deal with it. It is not a good do it yourself project.

#3 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

How so?  If the case goes to trial, the person who drew the blood will testify and the person who tested the blood will testify if they aren't the same person.  I echo what Tax_Counsel suggested--get an attorney.

#4 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

on my form from the az department of public safety , there is phlebtomist signature on it ,  But no witness  signture on it ,  Do i have any grounds for anything , my hole case is riding on this report thanks,   Dui arrest same officer that arrested me drawed out my blood his name the only  one on the report but the witness signature area below his signature is blank .    I would think that if its marked with an  X  someone should of signed it then come back later and fill in the blanks

No.

You aren't getting off on that kind of technicality.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#5 Legal_Balla

Legal_Balla

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

Please consult with a qualified defense lawyer about these issues. Criminal defense work is in the details. Hire a good lawyer to develop the best defense possible for this important matter. 

#6 FindLaw_Kevin

FindLaw_Kevin

Contributor

• Administrators
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

As other posters have stated, getting an attorney is a good idea if you plan on fighting a DUI case, they will know the precise procedure required to challenge the document and whether it can be successfully challenged in your jurisdiction.  If you're looking for an attorney, this might be a good place to start.

Need help with your self-help legal problems?  Try one of our downloadable mini-guides!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users