• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 exbellperson

exbellperson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

My parked car was hit by another driver. I was supplied with the necessary information from the driver, but since my car was parked and no one was inside, am I required to report it to my insurance company also?

exbellperson

#2 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

My parked car was hit by another driver. I was supplied with the necessary information from the driver, but since my car was parked and no one was inside, am I required to report it to my insurance company also?

exbellperson

Your policy says you are.

But if the other driver's insurance company starts taking care of things for you quickly and you aren't going to make a claim on your own policy, you are probably safe to not report it.

Any time I've had an accident where I knew I was going to get paid by the other driver's insurance, I didn't bother with my own insurance.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Does your insurance company agreement require you to report such incidents?

#4 exbellperson

exbellperson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

Thank you for the reply, and I'm not sure what the policy states, but I will check.

Thank you, from exbellperson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users