Jump to content


Criminal lawyer toronto

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nmarker51


    New Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

My Drivers license is suspended and i cant work.?

Hi, I live in Toronto and i was recently charged with a driving offence and i took it to court to fight it. I went with my lawyer and he helped me with my case. If i pleaded guilty i would be given a 4 month driving license suspension. My lawyer said that he wanted to fight it since i did nothing wrong. Unfortunately because of that, I got charged and the charge was 1 year license suspend and it was counted as a criminal offence. I heard that the criminal offence stays on your record for 3 years before you can apply for a pardon. I work for a cab Company and i am the only one supporting my family. due to the criminal offence i can not renew my license and that means im out of work for a minimum of 4 years. I had talked to my lawyer about apply for an appeal where they would look at the recordings of the case and then reduce my charge some what. I just want it to be reduced from a criminal charge. My lawyer said he was working on the appeal but he never answers my calls and he is asking for more money whenever he picks up. it seems that he is not going to do the appeal. So i was wondering if somehow i could change my lawyer or something that can help me out with my problem i have no source of income and im really stuck, Thanks in advance for your replies.Is there any other criminal appeal lawyer torontowhich gives me support

#2 pg1067


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,688 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

These boards are for issues of U.S. law. I suggest you consult with another lawyer in Toronto. You can use the "find a lawyer" link above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users