Parole violation

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Stormy28

Stormy28

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

I started seeing a man who was on parole, his PO officer arrested him for dating. Do they have the right to deny him the right to date? I am an adult with no criminal history of any kind. He will be going back before the parole board this week, if there anything that can be done to help him. He has been on parole for seven years with no other issues before this.

#2 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Depends upon state law, what he was on parole for and possibly whether or not you have minor children in your home....

#3 turner2001

turner2001

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Please go to *****

Next month my book will be coming out - "IT'S ONE OF CALIFORNIA'S BIGGEST DISASTERS - How Massive Corruption in the California Parole Department Creates More Crime and Wastes billions of Dollars"

My e-mail is ******

Edited by FindLaw_AHK, 04 March 2013 - 11:49 AM.
As per the Community Guidelines, links to personal web pages or blogs may be included in the signature line. Other personal or identifying information in this post has been removed. -Moderator

#4 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

I started seeing a man who was on parole, his PO officer arrested him for dating. Do they have the right to deny him the right to date?

If it, or something remotely connected to it, was a condition of parole then, yes, they have that right.

is there anything that can be done to help him.

Have him consult an attorney before he goes before the parole board.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#5 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

He has been on parole for seven years with no other issues before this.

That's probably not relevant to the current issue.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#6 Stormy28

Stormy28

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

His case had nothing to with adults, he final went before the parole board again and they threw out the charges and ordered immediate release, but now his PO is mad and they will not release him because she has forbid him to even speak to me, and since she caused him to lose his apartment he was going to live with me. Do I have any legal recourse, he has already spent one month in jail and now she is making life even harder because the parole board didn't feel the charges she made had any merit. She will not even allow him to come to my house to get his clothes, medications and all his personal effects. This is pure harassment and abuse of power.

#7 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

His case had nothing to with adults, he final went before the parole board again and they threw out the charges and ordered immediate release, but now his PO is mad and they will not release him because she has forbid him to even speak to me, and since she caused him to lose his apartment he was going to live with me. Do I have any legal recourse, he has already spent one month in jail and now she is making life even harder because the parole board didn't feel the charges she made had any merit. She will not even allow him to come to my house to get his clothes, medications and all his personal effects. This is pure harassment and abuse of power.

All the more reason for him to get a good lawyer to address all this through the courts if appropriate.

#8 Tax_Counsel

Tax_Counsel

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

You are not the one who is restricted and thus there is nothing for YOU to do. Not knowing the terms of his parole, I cannot say what his options are. He needs to see an attorney for advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users