Jump to content


Giving up custody

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mrswilliams09


    New Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:16 PM


I was wondering how do i go about getting my ex's right terminated? He has never seen nor meet his 5 year old son. He never showed up to any of the court hearings about child support so there was no paternity test taken..the courts granted child support but he only pays when he can.... We do not have any contact whats so ever? .....My husband would like to adopt my son since he has been there since he was 2 months old.....can you please help?

#2 pg1067


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Your ex-what? Ex-husband? Ex-boyfriend? If it's an ex-boyfriend and paternity was never established, then he has no parental rights. If your (current) husband wants to adopt the child, you should consult with a local attorney who handles adoptions (which are not good do-it-yourself projects).

#3 Mrswilliams09


    New Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

he is my ex boyfriend and there was no paternity test because the one time he went to court, he told them that it was his child...

#4 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

You may want to visit the Family Law Center and read:Parental Rights: Unmarried Fathers and Adoption and Child Visitation, Child Custody and Unmarried Fathers as good resources to learn more about this subject matter. For further clarification on your specific situation, I suggest you consult with a local Family Law Lawyer to advise you of your options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users