early expungement

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jaylady

jaylady

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

I was sentenced in 2009 on 5 felony charges and was placed on 5 years probation and I went under first offenders act I don't even have to report to PO or anything is there a way I could get this expunged early I am wanting to move up to a higher position at my job but with this being on my record I cant

#2 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

What state is this concerning? Expungement is a legal process through which an arrest or conviction may be erased from a person's criminal record. You may want to visit the Criminal Law Center: Expungement and read Expungement Eligibility as a good resource to learn more about this subject matter. For further clarification, you may want to consult with a local Lawyer to address your specific situation.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

#3 prose7_2334

prose7_2334

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

well the good news is that u may have a shot at expungement, but that depends on the State u live in and the Law there with regard to being relieved of the Felony period or a certificate of good conduct may be ur only solution. The whole situation boils down to this, DISCRETION. Yes, its discretionary. I hope you have had a platinum report with the Probation Department and not have been re-arrested for anything. It's definitely a process, However, check for any Constitutional Law Centers in the State where you live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users